I was born in Guatemala. My father worked there then. One can only speculate how that happened: He probably had sex with my mother. I have no other explanation for that.
I even witnessed war: during the first Gulf War in Iraq, we lived for one and a half years in a camp near Mosul. At that time I was 7 years old and got private lessons.
My passion for music came about because I liked buttons. I loved buttons on elevators, escalators – everywhere. A keyboard had a lot of them, my grandmother said to me: “I’ll give you a keyboard if you get one year of keyboard lessons.” So I got a keyboard, took regular keyboard lessons for a year, and then I quit. I noticed that I prefer to write my own songs by ear. But I hated notes. I didn’t want to play other people’s songs either, that was boring.
Sometime much later I got a Sony Mini Disc Recorder as a gift from my grandmother. With it I recorded my first sounds outside, transferred them to the computer and made songs with it. It was kind of cool, but it sounded terrible.
When I grew up, I bought a Roland MC505 from my first money and used it as a DJ for the transitions. It was basically something like live music.
When I ended my DJ career after almost two years due to the bad working hours, I stopped playing music again. A real studio was so expensive back then that I didn’t feel like saving money for it.
In the year 2011 I noticed that everything had become quite simple by now: I bought FLSTUDIO and made my first songs. At some point I switched to Cubase and made even more songs. Whenever I felt like it.
I still do that today. Sometimes I have more desire and sometimes less.
What I do
- TYPO3 (it’s a well known content management system in europe)
- Music production
- Cutting and editing videos
- 2D animation
- Modelling with clay
- Arts with a 3D pen
- Acryl painting
Some facts about me
- I am a perfectionist and will not let myself be distracted by goals that have already been set.
- They say I have Asperger’s syndrome. If you know me better, a lot of symptoms apply.
- I often don’t understand irony or sarcasm.
- I don’t really like small talk and when it comes to it then I like to tell irrelevant nonsense. I never really figured out how to make small talk properly. I’ll probably never be able to.
- I have a poor understanding of human nature.
- Before school they said I was highly gifted and could go to school a year earlier. But I didn’t feel like it. I always hated school and only learned what I was interested in. That’s why I was either very good or very bad.
- I often confuse sayings and accidentally invent new ones.
- I love PHP programming, this is also my main profession
- I’m like Monk sometimes, and it overwhelms me to put five peas on two plates. I would probably cut one in the middle.
- I understand a lot of Spanish, but I can hardly speak it.
- Sometimes I think about so many corners that you don’t understand what I’m saying.
- I am a chaotic person, but meanwhile much more orderly than many years ago.
- Sometimes I can’t fall asleep because I think too much about what it would be like to fall asleep now.
- I don’t like unreliable people.
- I’m often very skeptical about people I don’t know.
- I love Italian food.
- I love my family.
- I love my best friends.
- I love aquariums and fish that are still alive.
- I am not an eco, but I like cycling to protect the environment.
- I hate interviews
- I hate to be in public.
- I hate big crowds and shopping malls.